After School Adventures
Activities (Varies for different age groups)
- Homework Time (With assistance from teachers)
- Playground Time (weather permitting)
- Arts and Crafts Projects
- Cooking Activities
- Group Projects
- Computer Time
- Snacks and Movie Time
- Special Assignment and Projects
- Reading Time (Teacher or Individuals)
- Wii Games and Exercises
- Field Trips (summer program only)
After School Adventures’ overall goal is to help your child develop to his/her fullest potential – emotionally, intellectually, physically, creatively, and socially. Your child will benefit from a program that is concerned with all aspects of his/her development.
- To promote self-esteem through positive interactions between children and teachers, with developmentally appropriate learning experiences and activities, through attention to children’s needs and interests but most of all through attitude, respect and acceptance.
- To help children learn to recognize and deal with feelings and emotions.
- To help children develop coping strategies, such as those involved in positive conflict resolution – expressing feelings and concerns, negotiating and compromising.
- To create an environment that encourages cooperative play.
- To provide developmentally appropriate activities to promote growth in small and large motor skills.
- To help each child develop an appreciation for his/her body through awareness of healthy and safe practices.
- To provide opportunities for each child to express his/her ideas through different “learning centers” – painting, dramatic play, woodworking, water play, music and science.
- To create an environment where all ideas are accepted and appreciated.
- To create an environment that promotes language development, both oral and written.
- To create an environment in which each child feels comfortable offering his/her own ideas.